Creator - Meg-Fay Makes

Creator - Meg-Fay Makes
Meggie-Fay Furminger - Image by Alex Photo and Film

Thursday 30 March 2017

DIY Floral Arrangements

 DIY Floral Arrangements 


My friend Kacey recently got engaged and asked me to do the floral arrangements for her engagement party. Yaaaas, of course I will Kacey.

Now I am not a florist, but I think my friends have figured that I am always up for anything creative, and getting flowers done by a professional is mighty expensive. 

We all know I love a bargain and saving money. Doing your own floral arrangements is a massive way that everyone can save money when it comes to engagement parties, weddings or just those special moments. 

So today I had a practice run, so that we could get a feel for what Kacey actually wanted for the day. Kacey had one particular bunch of flowers that she had ordered from The Flower Farm, the Cluster Roses in pink lace, but for everything else, she gave me some money and told me to go nuts.

Kacey gave me the wine glass vases, her plan is to scatter them around the venue with a few larger arrangements as centre/focal points. 

As I said, I am not a florist so I don't even know the names of everything I grabbed, I just got shades of pink and white. There are some Roses, Dahlias and some greenery in the arrangements and I think they turned out really cute. 

We only spent $40 for our practice run (we will get a lot more on the day) but it actually made quite a lot. Putting this all together took me about 50 minutes and would have saved Kacey sooooooo much money. 

What I am saying, is don't be afraid to just have a crack. Check out some Pinterest posts for inspiration and hit up The Flower Farm to create something that is uniquely you, and OMG there is a new Flower Farm in the Leopold Plaza and you can pay per stem, WHICH I LOVE.

Stay tuned for the final arrangements at the end of April. 

Lots of love, Meg





11 comments:

  1. You've done an amazing job! These all look like they were done by a professional florist. Awesome work babe!

    Style & Life by Susana - http://www.susanalopessnarey.com/check-out-susy-ootd-zara-halter-dress/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look gorgeous! So pretty and creative <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, these are so beautiful, I would love these types of arrangements in my house, I will have to have a go at making some xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you do, and please share :)

      Delete
  4. These are very gorgeous and you are a natural. Beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so beautiful and professional looking! I am so impressed!

    Sophie xx
    www.sophobsessed.com

    ReplyDelete