Creator - Meg-Fay Makes

Creator - Meg-Fay Makes
Meggie-Fay Furminger - Image by Alex Photo and Film

Tuesday 14 March 2017

Wind-back Wednesday - Geelong Cup 2016

 Wind-back Wednesday - Geelong Cup 2016


This weekend I will be entering Fashion on the Field at the 2017 Geelong St Pats Day Cup. I'm super excited to show off the outfit I have put together for the day. 

So I thought I would do a wind-back Wednesday and show you all what I wore to the Geelong Cup last year. 

I have been to the Geelong Cup many times, mostly to dress up and get drunk with my friends, so before last year I had never even watched the FOTF event there. 

FOTF is highly competitive and Geelong has a huge community of girls that enter religiously. I knew that Geelong Cup FOTF would be of high quality and I doubted myself way to much to enter, but it was really great to watch and get a feel for what a FOTF catwalk was like. 

I have been following a few FOTF Instagram account for a while now, and have really developed a feel for race day style now. I just can't resist adding a bit of Meg-Fay Makes flair to my outfits. 

On the day, I wore an off-the-shoulder floral midi dress that I got for $35 off Boohoo. I love this dress, it made me feel so pretty and classy. Dresses in FOTF should always be modest and sit on the knee or below. 

I teamed my dress up with nude Boohoo shoes that have a clear chunky heal (my fav at the moment) and a small black heart clutch also from Boohoo. 

The hat, I made myself, and have spoken about in my previous Colac Cup post. It's a boater that I got from and op-shop and just jazzed it up a bit by cutting the top off and adding some flowers and a feather. Very simple and anyone that owns a glue gun can do. 

Overall I really loved my outfit, I probably could have worn better underwear, I got bloated from drinking and ended up with VPL around my tummy. Live and learn. 

Geelong Cup was really cool to just build up my confidence that I can put together a cute racing outfit. I made it into the top 10 of the Geelong Advertiser's People Choice Best Dressed (I was even on the cover of the paper).

I can't wait to have a crack on the actual stage this weekend.

Lots of love, Meg

Image via Geelong Advertiser websi


 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment