Creator - Meg-Fay Makes

Creator - Meg-Fay Makes
Meggie-Fay Furminger - Image by Alex Photo and Film

Monday 27 February 2017

Greasy Hair, Don't Care - Bandana Style

Greasy Hair, Don't Care -   Bandana Style


I love my long hair, but I am really pretty lazy when it comes to washing it. Dry shampoo has become my best friend, allowing me 5 to 6 days without a wash. 

After a wash I usually straiten or curl my hair and as the week goes on, my hair gets more and more pulled back. 

So what do I do after 5 days without washing my hair?

Tie it all back and bang on a bandana. Easy, not so greasy and cute. 

Bandanas and neckerchiefs have come back into fashion in a big way this season. I generally wear mine as a headband but I have seen them being worn as a neck tie, hair tie, pocket square or belt. I just love when things are that versatile. 

Bandanas are just so much fun and give you a really cool final touch to a look. I remember my best friend Erika and I wearing the CanTeen bandanas in year 12 and thinking we were just the shiz, I'll pop in a throw back photo for laughs. 

You can purchase your own bandana in store and online basically everywhere at the moment. Supre, ASOS and even K-Mart. If you can though, support CanTeen and buy a bandana off their website or selected stores (Pet Stock, Big W and Anaconda have them). They support young people with cancer in Australia.  

Photo taken from my IPhone7plus
Today I teamed up a navy bandana, a plain white t-shirt and a black Cotton On skater dress (cutest eyelet details)  over the top. Finished with my white leather converse and my kitty shades. 

I love wearing dresses over t-shirts, I am all over this look at the moment. Its just a fun, cool and comfortable. 

So, if you have greasy hair and don't really care (but kinda do). Just grab yourself a bandana.

Enjoy the sunshine friends. 

Lots of love, Meg






Erika and I in 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment