Creator - Meg-Fay Makes

Creator - Meg-Fay Makes
Meggie-Fay Furminger - Image by Alex Photo and Film

Monday 10 April 2017

My New Job and Op Shop Styling


 My New Job and Op Shop Styling


I have a new job!!!!

So I apologise for my lack of posts as I transition into my new role as the Manger of The Salvos Store in Drysdale. 

I'm super sad to be leaving Cotton On and all my amazing friends, but I know that this is the right move for me at this point in my life. 
Working for a charity is a dream come true, especially one that I support and shop at regularly like The Salvos. It aligns with my values and interests (op shopping is one of my favourite things) and I'll just happen to see all the best stuff first (hehe). 

Friday night, I went out for a celebratory drink with my friend Kimmy and her family. It was just the most perfect evening and we caught a couple of snaps at sunset of the outfit I threw on (I literally got showered, dressed, make-up done and out the door in 15 minutes).

What I wore was a light purple sheer slip dress that has really cute buttons on the back. I purchased this last week from the Geelong City Salvos Store where I have been doing my training.   

This dress is completely see through, but I popped on a white K-Mart tee and white body cocoon skirt  underneath which was $5 from Valley girl (also totally see through aha), and finished it off with black shoes and a clear quartz necklace. 

This was such a cheap look and I had so many compliments on it. You just need to really look hard to find the hidden gems (I didn't notice this dress for 4 days). 

I have loved op shopping for as long as I can remember and there is so much quality gear at the op shops these days, clothes are so cheap that it is making people turn over their stuff more quickly. So keep going back and checking your favourite oppys as you'll be sure to find an affordable fashion bargain. 

I hope to see you in store soon.

Lots of Love, Meg

All pictures taken by Kim on my Iphone7 plus
  


No comments:

Post a Comment